Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sketchbook pages from the depths of summer

I picked up this book in San Diego after mutually ogling and nerding out over it with Calvin Wong. My style and finesse is a long way from Russell Patterson, but it was fun to do some studies of his work:

That's Hot Breath of War pin-up Xochitl in the lower left, in Patterson-vision.

A couple of other pages, featuring me drawing giddy because I finally got a good batch of ink. "It's a poor artist that blames his tools?" I emphatically reject and denounce that sentiment:





Finally, I wrote a little article about THBOW here on the Sparkplug Blog, this vanished into the scroll pretty quick so in case anyone missed it check it out here: http://www.sparkplugcomicbooks.com/2008/08/neon-love-through-fog-of-war_12.html

No comments: