Friday, February 22, 2013
1) I have an etsy store for original art: http://www.etsy.com/shop/xotoa
2) I illustrated and contributed cocktail recipes to the vodka and gin volumes of "The Cocktail Hour" a charming manual from Scout Books. You can order a personalized set of vodka and gin by paypaling $10 to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) I contributed an adaptation to vol.3 of "The Graphic Canon" from 7 Stories Press. Pre-order on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Graphic-Canon-Vol-Hemingway/dp/1609803809
Posted by Alixopulos at 3:36 PM
Sunday, January 13, 2013
As will be obvious, I like to listen to a lot of disco-y club music when I'm drawing.
TOP 20 FAVORITE TRACKS OF 2012:
1. Show Me the Place - Leonard Cohen *I was surprised and affected by this album
2. Built For Love (feat. Romanthony) - Kraak and Smaak
3. Home - Romy *i like the 'party girl' house sound of this
4. Warrior - Kimbra/A-Trak/Foster *this had such a big sound
5. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
6. Radioactive - Marina & the Diamonds *'having a psychotic break @ disco' genre
7. Do You... - Miguel
8. Ghost (Hey Champ Remix) - Gemini Club
9. Share My Love - R Kelly
10. Go Pressure (Peacetreaty Bootleg) - Starkillers & Alex Kenji
11. Let It Go - Dragonette *hard to decide between this and "Run Run Run"
12. The Keepers (The Knocks Remix) - Santigold
13. Constant Conversations - Passion Pit
14. Dirty Talk - Oliver *this came out early jan 2012 and I hoped the whole year would be like this
15. Body Work - Morgan Page ft Tegan and Sara
16. Beat of the Drum - Van She
17. Lets Go - Calvin Harris ft. Ne-Yo
18. Diamonds - Rihanna
19. Geronimo - The Knocks
20. Foreign Language (Feat. Jess Higgs) - Flight Facilities
honorable mention to stuff from Lower Dens, Grimes and Hot Chip.
Posted by Alixopulos at 4:57 PM
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
I contributed art and cocktail recipes to THE COCKTAIL HOUR, a series of pocket sized cocktail manuals from Good Ink/Scout Books. It's quite a nice little product for a reasonable price:
I illustrated the "GIN" volume:
New Release! | The Cocktail Hour: Rum, Vodka, & Gin
What do you get when you mix favorite spirits, great contemporary bartenders, and add a dash of lively illustrations? The Cocktail Hour: Rum, Gin, & Vodka is a trio of single-spirit drink recipe guides from some of today's best bartenders and cocktail-savvy creatives. With a mix of fresh twists on classics and unique modern concoctions, each of these charmingly illustrated, pocket-sized volumes showcases over two dozen drink recipes. Throw in recipes for easy-to-make infused liquors and professional-grade tinctures and syrups, and you'll find that The Cocktail Hour: Rum, Gin, & Vodka is a perfect fit for novices and seasoned mixologists alike! Featuring cocktail recipes from Teardrop Lounge, Clyde Common, 12 Bottle Bar, KASK, Portobello, Metrovino, Beretta (SF), New Deal Distillery, Aviation Gin, Deco Distilling, and many more!
Illustrated by Tuesday Bassen, Anna Hurley, and Trevor Alixopulos.
Meanwhile, there are the usual sketchbook pages:
Posted by Alixopulos at 2:11 PM
Monday, October 8, 2012
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Saturday, May 26, 2012
a sketchbook page to start things off:
I am contributing a comic to the third volume of the giant Graphic Canon series from Seven Stories Press. The series features cartoonists ranging from Robert Crumb to Andrice Arp to T Edward Bak to John Porcellino interpreting major works of Western literature. The third and final volume is out in October. Here's a detail from my contribution:
I'm also doing some fun illustrations from a book of cocktail recipes, more details TBA. Here are a couple of the spots:
Posted by Alixopulos at 1:57 PM
Friday, April 20, 2012
Monday, February 20, 2012
I'm one of the artists in RGB Gallery's new show, "One Or Two Things I Know About Her," opening this Saturday in San Francisco. It looks like it's going to be a nice selection of lady-oriented images. Also featured are Vanessa Davis, Chris Anthony Diaz with Graham Wilcox, Roman Muradov and Kate Seward. Here's the flyer and the official spiel:
RGB shop+gallery proudly presents ONE OR TWO THINGS I KNOW ABOUT HER, a group exhibition about women personified through illustrations and photography by San Francisco artists Trevor Alixopulos, Vanessa Davis, Chris Anthony Diaz with Graham Willcox, Roman Muradov and Kate Seward.
Opening Reception: February 25th, 6-10pm RGB SHOP + GALLERY 3024 Fillmore Street @ Union
w: rgbsf.com t: (415) 4SHP-RGB
Enjoy art, music by DJLC3 and good company!
Complimentary drinks provided by Gordon Biersch
RGB shop+gallery is a women’s clothing boutique and evolving art gallery located on Fillmore Street in San Francisco’s Marina district. At RGB, you will find colorful clothes that are clean and functional with a dash of cool. Local artists, photographers and illustrators are showcased in its rotating art space. RGB strives to build a creative community in San Francisco that blends fashion, art and design through its bi-monthly events and exhibitions.
Posted by Alixopulos at 8:31 PM